The Board of Directors have named Catherine La Fleur, JD to the Board, replacing Jill Klotz Flitter, PhD, who resigned from the Board in February.
Catherine completed her Building Blocks training in 2010 and has served on the Public Education Committee in the past.
- 1988 Graduate of Marquette University Law School
- 2001 Assistant adjunct professor of law at MULS- She teaches in the areas of pretrial practice, depositions, and trial advocacy.
- 2001 Mediation training at Harvard Law School
In addition to her law practice, Ms. La Fleur devotes a significant amount of time to volunteering. She is involved in the following organizations:
- Special Preliminary Review Committee- reviews claims against lawyers volunteering for the Office of Lawyer Regulation if those claims are dismissed and appealed
- Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners- grades bar exams
- Professional Dimensions- VP of Administration
- Milwaukee Bar Association- volunteer
- Legal Action of Wisconsin- volunteer
- Collaborative Family Council of Wisconsin
- EWGA-Executive Women’s Golf Association Milwaukee Chapter- marketing committee
- Wisconsin Association of Mediators- member
- Association of Women Lawyers- member
- BNI-Elm Grove chapter- member
Catherine is a volunteer at the Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners, and Legal Action of Wisconsin in addition to her membership in the Wisconsin Association of Mediators and the Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin.
Catherine also serves on the board of AMUW – Association of Marquette University Women and the board of the Milwaukee Bar Association